Monday, August 10, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

1.  What was specifically revised from one draft to another?
     The majority of the revisions from my rough draft to my final draft were local issues such as: changing sentences to better fit their area, taking words out or adding words in to improve readability, etc. For example, "Every single person struggles with some aspect of the social game throughout life" was changed to i"Many people struggle with some aspect of the social game throughout their life" for a couple of reasons. The rough draft sentence was too much of a harsh generalization and the sound of the final copy sentence had much better flow to it.

2.  Point to global changes: how did you reconsider your thesis or organization?
     I did not feel the need to change my thesis or my organization. I felt as though my writing was written in an organized manner that appealed to my audience and presented the information I wanted to present in a readable and understandable way.

3.  What led you to these changes? A reconsideration of audience? A shift in purpose?
    Because I did not have many global changes, this question is not necessary for me. I had no reconsideration of the audience or a shift in purpose. I know who I was going to be talking to when I first the prompt of this assignment and I never thought to change my mind.

4.  How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?
     None of the changes negatively affected my credibility as an author. All of my changes, most of them being local changes, helped my credibility as an author because it made the paper look more clean and precise.

5.  How will these changes better address the audience or venue?
     These local changes will better address my audience because they allow the paper to be read easier and understood much easier as well. There were not major global changes, so global changes did not affect the audience or venue.

6.  Point to local changes: how did you reconsider sentence structure and style?
     Overall, there was not a major change in structure or style. All of the local changes were small changes that were mostly just replacing, adding, or deleting words or punctuation that were needed or not needed.

7.  How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?
     These local changes will allow my audience to understand the paper to a better extent. This, in turn, will allow my audience to be more willing to listen to what I have to say and act upon what my writing is all about.

8.  Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you are writing?
     No. The conventions were formal, which is what almost every other academic paper is.

9.  Finally, how does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?
     The process of reflection allows me to see my mistakes and grow because of them. Not often do I come across a light bulb moment in writing and realize something about my own writing or about my own revising. This is true for project 3 as well. The main thing that I learned from this reflection is how mistakes can be made very easy, and thus, it is important to get editing done by someone else, along with multiple times yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment