Monday, August 10, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

     In the beginning of the class, I considered myself a procrastinator and also a heavy planner. I still feel the same at this stage in the class. I procrastinate often and with almost everything that I do. That may seem bad sometimes, but when I enjoy something or when I know something needs to get done, I will get it done. Sometimes procrastinating can get stressful, but in the end, I know that what I needed to get done is done, and it's all over. I do still consider myself more of a planner than a reviser; however, I did find it very useful, throughout this class, to revise my work and to come back to pieces of my work and re-read them with fresh eyes.
    In the future, I can see myself becoming more and more of a revisor. I am very organized and I like to get the bulk of the work done in the beginning (this applies to almost everything I do), but after having the opportunity to go back and re-read my work days later, I noticed how many things I wanted to change about my writing. The things that I wanted to change weren't necessarily that bad in my writing, they were just sentences that I felt could be worded better or ideas changed a little because of reflection that I was able to have after writing.
     In my next two or three years of college, I would like to discontinue my habit of being a procrastinator. Although my work normally gets finished on time, sometimes school can become very stressful. I feel as though I could avoid that if I would just get ahead of the game and stay ahead the game, rather than being in catch up mode for all of my classes. I did a good job with this class about getting stuff done early, except for a few days. I felt very accomplished and successful when I would get stuff out of the way early. That will certainly be one thing that I want to focus on throughout my career as a Wildcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment