Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Project 2 Outline

The Introduction
     For the introduction of this project, I am going to try to focus my thoughts on why Valez is writing this paper and how he answers the question of why he is writing it. I want to try to dive right in to the purpose of his words and how he goes about appealing to his audiences in both a technical and emotional way. 
The Thesis (adapted or revised from one of your draft theses)
     I am going to try to incorporate more of a "why" in my thesis. After reading the section of how to draft theses and such, I think I need to say a little more about how Valez is appealing to his audience and why he is doing so. I don't think I went into enough detail about why he was writing this paper before reading that section.
The Body Paragraphs
     I am going to separate the essay into three body paragraphs (a typical 5 paragraph essay). I think this is the most productive way of getting all of my words organized and all of my claims made. I will try to tie together the rhetorical situations and strategies. Those two may even blend into one paragraph, but I want to keep the paragraphs similar in length to keep good conventions throughout the project. 
Your Analytical Claims
     I feel as though my thesis right now does not contain a very debatable claim. I want to focus my claims on the fact the Valez argues for the usage of robots in all aspects of life. I really want to get the point across that Valez feel as though robots can positively affect human life on the intimate, work, and personal levels. 
The Support for Each Claim
     I don't think it will be too difficult to get good support for each claim. Valez talks about all of his assumptions and claims in great detail and he has a lot of different types of evidence to show off all of his claims. The most difficult part about supporting each of the claims that I will make will be finding the reference that is the most valuable in the paper. 
The Conclusion
     I am going to need to put some focus onto the conclusion. After reading the WPL chapter, I imagine myself as one of the people that uses the conclusion to restate what I have talked about in the entire essay, when in reality, I need to talk about the validity of the paper in the future and how the paper could be effected by events to come. Like WPL says, I want to consider why this paper will continue to continue to be persuasive in the future and how it could have been persuasive in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment